Full time coach of Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG)
Tromsø Turnforening (TTF) is one of the oldest gymnastics’ clubs in Norway, founded in 1862. The club has more than 1100 active members. TTF is located in a fully equipped training facility, newly built in 2018, in the University City of Tromsø.
TTF is seeking to employ a new coach for our Women’s Artistic Gymnasts to be a part of our coaching team, working under and with our Head coach. We are looking for a coach with experience in high level gymnastics WAG. Spotting skills is mandatory. The coach must be willing to work hard with club strategies and athletes in order to achieve the club’s ambitions and goals. A detailed instruction for the positions will be prepared in agreement with the employed coach.
TTF have great ambitions for WAG and have currently 2 juniors and 1 senior on National teams. The whole competition group consist of around 25 gymnasts ranging from Aspirants to Senior.
The position will also include some work on recruitments group, however the main part (approximately 85%) of the position will be working with the competition group.
The position includes:
• Participate in TTF’s coaching team.
• Develop, implement and carry out long term plans for the WAG group together with the Head Coach in accordance with club strategy and ambitions. Both for pre-elite and elite levels.
• Training and individual development of gymnasts in both pre-elite and elite group.
• Cooperate with, and mentor coaches at pre-elite level.
• Participate in recruitment of athletes to WAG group from the club’s open kids group.
• Participate in arrangements initiated by TTF, like training camps, shows and competitions.
• The position will require some travelling due to competitions and training camps.
A detailed instruction for the position will be prepared in agreement with the employed person and the Managing Director of TTF.
• Highly competent, experienced and trained background for WAG
• Positive and self-driven, with an ambition to succeed in a team environment.
• Proven successful coaching on, at least high national level.
• Highly skilled within safety in the gym.
• Skilled in WAG choreography.
• Be up to date on international regulations for WAG.
• Valid certificate of good conduct from the Police will be required.
• Full time position. Ability to work afternoon/ evening, weekends and school holidays.
• Positive, energetic and with a passion for the sport.
• Structured and focused on planning ahead and document the training activity.
• Strong communication skills.
• Speaks a Scandinavian language or English. If needed, willing to learn Norwegian.
• Ability to build relations and good cooperation skills.
• Ability to work in team with other coaches.
• Exciting and challenging position in a social, professional and ambitious working environment.
• Working with high level gymnasts and coaches.
• Fully equipped, new build, gymnastics hall.
• Pension and insurance scheme.
• Salary and starting date agreed upon at date of appointment.
For more information or questions regarding the position, please contact Knut Larsen, cell phone +47 98 61 31 89.
Resume’s will be accepted in confidence and should be submitted by June 27th at the latest. Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org